I Belong, I can Improve, I Will Persist!
In November 2016, the Silicon Valley Out-of-School-Time Collaborative hosted an immersive, all-day forum for nonprofit leaders and funders who care about building youth skills and resiliency after school and in the summer, featuring national and local social-emotional learning experts.
The Silicon Valley Out-of-School-Time Collaborative has been working together since 2010 to develop and strengthen academic pathways beyond the school day for over 7,000 middle and high school students throughout Silicon Valley. This culminating event featured members of the Collaborative and national experts sharing lessons learned on the ground, helpful tools and resources, and evaluation strategies to social-emotional learning.
Local Collaborative members and national experts shared lessons learned on the ground, helpful tools and resources, and evaluation strategies related to social-emotional learning. In this spirit of shared learning, we’ve compiled resources featured at the event, including breakout session presentation materials, videos, and evaluation reports. Videos recordings of each breakout session will also be posted within the coming weeks, so be sure to visit the site regularly for exciting updates!
- Program Agenda
- Speaker Biographies
- Full Report: Lessons Learned from the Silicon Valley Out-of-School-Time Collaborative
- Executive Summary: Lessons Learned from the Silicon Valley Out-of-School-Time Collaborative
- Silicon Valley Out-of-School-Time Collaborative Video
- Additional Resources
PLENARY SESSION RESOURCES
- “Research-to-Practice in Social-Emotional Learning: A National Perspective”
BREAKOUT SESSION RESOURCES
- “SEL Strengths Builder Method: Assessing your SEL Best Practices”
- “Planting Seeds in Fertile Soil: Positive Youth Development Practices & Social Emotional Learning”
- “Organizational Change Management Strategies for SEL Implementation”
- “The Good, Bad & Messy of Working in Collaboratives”
Session Video 1
Session Video 2